A new puppy might require a surprising amount of responsibility to care for. Integrative Animal Health Center is fortunately available to assist.
Distemper Combo Vaccination – A NECESSITY
This vaccine will protect your puppy against Distemper Virus, Parvovirus, Para influenza, and Adenovirus/ Hepatitis.
- Taken every 3-4 weeks at age 8 weeks.
- Last vaccination after age 16 weeks
- Distemper and Parvovirus titer is recommended for ages one year and older
Our goal is to minimize the number of vaccinations. Most adult canines need only a single Distemper/Parvovirus vaccination for several years. Annual testing is recommended to ensure protective immunity level is maintained.
Kennel Cough Vaccination – Elective
This vaccine, effective for 1-year, will protect your puppy against Bordetella Bronchiseptica, or kennel cough. This vaccine should be given 10 days prior to possible exposure.
Rabies Vaccination – A REQUIREMENT
According to Mass state law, the initial vaccine is considered a 1-year vaccine and is administered between 5-6 months of age. A booster vaccine is given 12 months later and considered a 3-year vaccine, along with any subsequent boosters, with proof of prior rabies vaccination. We strongly encourage all of our patients to get on a 3-year rabies schedule to minimize the number of required vaccinations.
Lyme Vaccination – Elective
All puppies should be tested for intestinal parasites. Some parasites found in dog feces can be transmitted to you and your family. If you are unable to obtain a stool sample for your examination, please bring in the sample anytime during our office hours.
Spaying And Neutering
At your appointment, the veterinarian will discuss recommendations for the appropriate time to spay or neuter your pet.
Training & Diet
We will be happy to provide you with information
regarding training and diet.
Heart Worm Disease
Heartworm disease is transmitted through mosquitoes.
- We recommend giving once-a-month heartworm prevention.
- If giving preventatives seasonally (March-Dec), before restarting monthly preventatives.
- To minimize the risk of heartworm disease, we currently offer Interceptor, Tri-Heart Plus, Nexgard, and Heartguard Plus as our monthly heartworm prevention products.